Friday, August 16, 2013

AH-MAZING (suuuuuper easy) Slow Cooker Roast


My grandma was the most amazing cook on earth. She had this way of combining simple ingredients that would make a masterpiece. A dash of this, a sprinkle of that, and poof: heaven in your mouth. Through many years of experimenting, trial, and MANY errors (bless my wonderful husband) I've become a fairly good cook. I'm by no means my grandma, but I hope to be someday.

I don't know why but slow cooker roast beef is one of the hardest things for me to make! I just never really seem to like the combination of flavors, tenderness of the meat, too many vegetables, not enough vegetables, too little broth, too much broth, it's bland....you get the picture. I had a hunk of beef in the freezer (no, not my husband! hehe) that needed to be cooked so I reluctantly pulled it out and took one more shot at a slow cooker roast. To my complete amazement, it turned out amazing this time!! The combination of flavors was a heavenly chorus to my taste buds. Don't let the amount of garlic scare you....it was awesome!! So, as I share this recipe, I hope it turns out just as yummy for you as well!


Crockpot Roast Beef

2ish lbs beef roast (really any nice chunk of beef will do. haha!)
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
10 cloves garlic (minced)
2 chicken bullion cubes
1 Tbsp dijon mustard
1/2 cup hot water
1ish cup baby carrots
2 small onions quartered and peeled apart
5ish small potatoes quartered (I left the skin on)

*Mix together mushroom soup, garlic, bullion cubes, mustard, and water in slow cooker.
*Trim off fat from beef (Some like the fat on. It's entirely up to you) and place in soup mixture.
*Layer vegetables over meat starting with onions, then carrots, then potatoes.
*Turn slow cooker to low and cook 7-8hrs. It's okay if it cooks longer but it should be done in about 7-8hrs.
*You can give it a stir every few hours, but not necessary.


Ahhhhhh, finally a roast I'm excited to make over and over and over again! Enjoy!!





No comments:

Post a Comment